Advocacy through the REALTOR® Action Center Mobile App, Broker Involvement Program, and Federal Political Coordinators
REALTORS® have endless possibilities to engage in local, state, and federal advocacy. The Broker Involvement Program and Federal Political Coordinator position are but two ways members can get involved with the federal and state delegations. Calls for Action, RPAC donations, and attending fundraising events are but three ways to get involved in advocacy as a REALTOR®. Read more below or visit NAR's REALTOR® Action Center to find out more about advocating for issues that truly matter to REALTORS® and the Real Estate profession.
REALTOR® Action Center Mobile App
Vote, Act, and Invest on the go! This app is designed to help members learn about the latest government affairs and advocacy news and issues, track Federal Calls for Action and CFA participation rates, allow for a quick and efficient way to invest in RPAC, and provide a way to track REALTOR®
Action Center mobile app is now available for download for the iPhone
. Simply search for NAR Action Center in your app market or text APP to 30644 to receive a link to download the app right to your smartphone. Download, log in, and get involved! Learn more about the REALTOR® Action Center Mobile App by clicking here Broker Involvement Program
Massachusetts REALTORS® engage in advocacy on the federal level. This was exhibited with MAR’s promotion of the homebuyer tax credit and Massachusetts REALTORS® helping to convince Congress to extend the tax credit. The Broker Involvement Program provides Brokers and their firms a voice on Capitol Hill so MAR can continue to promote issues that directly affect REALTORS®. This dynamic program provides you, the broker-owner, with a quick and effective tool to rally your agents on critical legislative issues affecting our industry. Brokers can get involved by signing up for the Broker Involvement Program, which just takes a few minutes to join. You can see the list of Brokers already participating in Massachusetts, here.
Below are some of the benefits of being in the Broker Involvement Program
Federal Political Coordinators
Call for Action emails that are sent from members to their Senators and Representatives in Congress on important votes that affect REALTORS®
Ability to quickly rally your agents on critical legislative issues affecting your industry
Online participation reports showing the effectiveness of your brokerage and broker Calls for Action
Annual NAR Real Estate Broker Conference
Federal Political Coordinators (FPCs) are the MAR members who are the key contacts for each member of Congress and the Senate in the Massachusetts delegation. The FPCs have a variety of duties and responsibilities that put them in close contact with Congressional Representatives and Senators, enabling the REALTOR® voice to be heard on Capitol Hill. Below is a summary of the FPCs duties that consist in working with the legislators, managing events, the coalition of FPCs, and communicating with the state and national associations. To see a list of MAR's Federal Political Coordinators, click here!
Working with Legislators
· Organize REALTOR® in-district meetings with legislators throughout the year to establish and maintain a good working relationship with the Senator or Representative and his or her staff.
· Communicate with the Senator’s or Representative's key staff on issues of importance to REALTORS®.
· Present, whenever possible, REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) contribution checks to the Senator or Representative, and file a report with NAR about the check presentation.
· Annually organize and attend NAR’s Hill Visit Day in Washington, D.C. and at least one NAR sponsored training event
· Attend a reception or other fundraiser in the state for the Senator or Representative. Up to $1000 per election cycle is available from RPAC for use by FPCs for in-state fundraisers.
· Help coordinate RPAC Opportunity Race for your Member of Congress, if necessary.
· Organize a grassroots event for your legislator at least once a year.
Working with other FPCs
· Assemble and coordinating an FPC team, consisting of REALTORS® with varied professional specialties. MAR and NAR staff will assist by providing training and helping with recruitment.
Working with MAR and NAR
· Act as the principal REALTOR® liaison between the local Association(s), MAR, NAR and members of Congress through arranged meetings and issue briefings
· Report to MAR/NAR any activities between the elected official and REALTORS® within the state using the NAR Action Center Field Reports – at least four field reports should be submitted yearly.
· Work with MAR and NAR to effectively respond to “Calls-for-Action” and assure that Contact Team Members respond to Calls-for-Action.