2015 MAR Good Neighbor Awards
Deadline: Monday, August 1, 2015, 5:00PM
Community Program(s) Served
(This organization will receive the grant money if you are selected as a Good Neighbor Award winner.)
(brief description of the organization’s mission and the candidate’s contribution):
Who may we contact at the organization to verify the nominee’s involvement?
(Nominees/applicants should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges.)
Important Note: This information is required. Although you may not keep exact records of your contribution, we must have your best estimate in order to evaluate the entry.
***ESSAY: Explanation of Contribution (Required)
In no more than 500 words, describe how the nominee’s individual efforts have made the community a better place to live.
Verification of Involvement (Required)
Please attach published reports and/or testimonials from the organization or individuals served that document the nominee’s activities. These documents should attest to the individual involvement of the nominee. Please highlight the nominee’s name in documents where it is not immediately evident. You may attach as many files as you need.
Who should we notify about the Good Neighbor Awards results?
Contact: Eric Berman, Director of Communications, Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® 781-839-5507 Deadline: Monday, August 1, 2015, 5:00PM
1. Nominees must be members of MAR/NAR in good standing.
2. Nominees should have contributed to a program that improves the livability of a local community. Those activities aren’t limited to real estate or housing issues, and may include such things as crime prevention, youth mentoring, and homelessness prevention.
3. Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
4. Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, impact of personal contribution, broadness of impact, and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
5. The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not association- or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual within your company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
6. Some portion of the nominee’s community work must have taken place between January 2014 and August 2015, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
7. Nominees should be able to document the results of their individual involvement though published reports and/or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
8. Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form to be considered (REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another MAR/NAR member, a state or local association, or the community organization they served). Fill out a physical form to email or fax in instead of the online form if preferred. Please keep the originals on hand if needed by the judging committee and if the nominee is selected as the MAR Good Neighbor Award winner, his/her applications will be forwarded on to NAR for consideration as a 2015 REALTOR Magazine Good Neighbor Award winner.
For complete rules and eligibility, go to http://www.marealtor.com/content/goodneighboraward.htm