Interested in Expanding your Horizon?
EARN the ABR® Designation!
The Berkshire County Board of REALTORS is proud to present the Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation. It is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation, and is awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC).
One of our members’ favorite and sought after instructors, Jody O’Brien, will be our instructor for this two-day seminar. The goal of the program is to thoroughly prepare you to represent your buyer-clients by providing them with quality customer service. Come learn the tricks of the trade from Jody! She’ll assist you to develop ideas and methods that will build your buyer client database and representation business. And, she’ll give you the tools necessary to develop a self-customized tool to conduct robust buyer counseling sessions. All this and 6 CE credits too!
Instructor:.... Jody O’Brien
When:.......... September 22 and 23, 2014
Time:........... 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where:......... Board Office, 99 West Street, Suite 200, Pittsfield, MA
Cost:............ $249 Berkshire REALTORS Early Bird (Before 8/1), All others $295
Registration.... See Registration Form or call the Board Office. Payment in full is required to reserve your spot!
We’re able to offer you a fantastic deal with early-bird member pricing. Even after the early-bird date expires the Berkshires will be offering a very competitive rate on this program!
Note: You do not have to apply for the ABR designation to attend this program – it is an incredibility informative program and teaches invaluable business skills. The designation is an option you can avail yourself, and you have 3 years to decide from the date of the event. See Designation Requirements for details.
Did you know? Based on NAR 2013 survey data, the median income of REALTORS® without a designation was $33,500, and the median income of those with at least one designation was $61,100. The difference between the two is $27,600. This information is accurate as of May 2013.
You can take the program without going for the designation. After completion of the program, you will still receive a one year membership of REBAC and can take advantage of the programs and services, but won’t be able to use the ABR designation.)
- Successful completion of the two-day ABR® Course, including an 80% passing grade on the exam. After you complete this course you will have three (3) years in which to complete the other requirements.
- Successful completion of one of the ABR® elective courses, including an 80% passing grade on the exam. This course may be taken prior to completing the designation course.
- Documentation verifying five (5) completed transactions in which you acted solely as a buyer representative (no dual agency). Any transaction closed prior or closed within three (3) years after completing the ABR® Course are eligible for credit.
- ±Copy of the signed buyer agency agreement OR purchase/sale agreement OR disclosure statement. The contract must verify the agent's name and/or include the agent's signature as the buyer's agent. Providing only the name and/or signature of the buyer's agent's broker is not sufficient.AND
- ±Copy of the closing/settlement statement or letter from your broker verifying that each transaction closed.
- Maintain active membership with NAR and REBAC. Attendance at the course includes the first year of dues, which will be $110/year thereafter (subject to change).
Important Notes: All requirements must be completed within three years of passing the Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR® ) Designation Course. Only REALTORS® who meet all these requirements and have been officially awarded the ABR® designation are permitted to call themselves an ABR® and use the ABR® logo.