Jed Smith will discuss purchases by international buyers of U.S. real estate, based on information from the 2012 NAR annual survey of REALTORS® concerning international purchases . He will be discussing national trends but will also discuss information specific to Massachusetts and New England.
• What is the size of the international market in the U.S.?
• Who are the buyers, and how do they differ from domestic buyers?
• How does one market to international clients?
• Where do international buyers purchase properties, and for what are they looking?
• Want are the specific issues or problems in marketing to international clients?
He will also briefly discuss the marketing of real estate to international purchasers of commercial real estate, with a specific focus on activities by NAR members.
Finally, he will discuss trends over the past 4 years in marketing to international clients and how the markets for international clients appears to be trending.