As the designated REALTOR® in your office we wanted to let you know that there will be two homebuyer events working together to promote your office’s open house listings on April 10-11, 2010
Once again, the Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® will be partnering with MassHousing on its “Opportunity Knocks” series of first-time homebuyer fairs at five malls in Massachusetts. But this year, these events will be held in conjunction with the first-ever Nationwide REALTOR® Open House Weekend.
What does this mean?
• It means MAR and MassHousing will be using their resources to publicize ALL open houses taking place on the weekend of April 10-11, for both Nationwide REALTOR® Open House and Opportunity Knocks.
• Regardless of where your office is, your agents can promote the Nationwide REALTOR® Open House weekend to encourage buyers to take advantage of market conditions and buy a home.
Here’s how to participate:
1. MLS PIN members need to opt-in to allow agents’ open houses to be available to prospective homebuyers (instructions below). Berkshire County MLS and Cape Cod & Islands MLS subscribers need not opt-in. All open house listings taking place from March 15-April 30 will automatically be included.
2. Promote the events to your agents and take advantage of available resources by clicking here:
MLS PIN Opt-In Instructions:
Remember that only the Broker/Owner of each office has the ability to select a transfer of listings and/or open houses to any third-party by using the following steps:
1. Log into H3MLS
2. Select the Tools icon
3. Select 3rd Party Data Transfers
4. Select "Opportunity Knocks"
5. Check the box at the bottom of the page (Offices)
6. Don't forget to SAVE
Opportunity Knocks Homebuyer Fair Locations: (Saturday, April 10th, 10am – 4pm)
Braintree - South Shore Plaza
Holyoke - Holyoke Mall
Marlborough - Solomon Pond Mall
North Dartmouth - Dartmouth Mall
Saugus - Square One Mall
Contact your local Association, as soon as possible, regarding participating in the Opportunity Knocks Homebuyer Fair at the mall nearest you. Even if your office is not chosen, you can still host open houses during that weekend.